|From Thursday, January 07 to Monday, January 13, 2020|
This summer Petroperu will choose its partner to exploit lot 192
The president of Petroperu, Carlos Paredes, announced that during the current summer period they will hold a contest to choose the strategic partner of that state company, with which they will be able to take on the operation for the operation of lot 192, located in Loreto, one of the areas with the highest oil production in the country.
The process carried out by the state oil company to choose a partner company to accompany it in this activity is being guided by the Bank of America. He also indicated that Perupetro (state agency in charge of awarding contracts in the hydrocarbons sector) is expected to assign lot 192 to Petroperu probably in the month of May.
This assignment will occur after Perupetro concludes the process of prior consultation with the various native communities settled in the area of influence of said lot. “(That way) when the lot is assigned to us after the prior consultation, probably in May of this year, we (must) already have the operator with whom we are going to operate this lot,” he said.
There are different companies interested in participating in the process to choose the operating partner for the area in question, who obtain information about that area (Diario Gestion).
- Compañía Minera Antapaccay was authorized to modify a detailed environmental impact study regarding the development of the project as a new exploitation area, as well as the reactivation of some components in the Tintaya area.
- The Rio Biavo Electric Generation company presented an environmental impact study for the construction of the Alto Biavo hydroelectric power plant, located in the department of San Martin, which includes a power capacity of 302 megawatts (MW). They will also have an investment of US$ 617 million.
- The Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation, Jorge Montenegro, announced that between March and April the execution of the Majes – Siguas II project in Arequipa will be unlocked, which will allow the agricultural frontier to be expanded by 8,500 new hectares.
- Atria Energía, an energy generation and marketing company, began the construction of the first Textil del Valle solar power plant in Chincha valued at more than US$ 500,000 (Diario Gestion).
- Ecosac Agrícola S.A.C. and Eco-Acuícola S.A.C. (both from Corporación Costa del Sol) obtained financing for up to US $ 10 million from Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (DEG). The borrowing entity was advised by García Sayán Abogados (Diario Gestion).
- The Ministry of Education (Minedu) has been evaluating a group of public-private partnership (PPP) initiatives to improve the infrastructure of public educational institutions in the country (Diario Gestion).
- For this first half of the year, Jinzhao Mining Peru would be solving the financial structuring corresponding to the development of the Pampa del Pongo project, to be carried out in Arequipa, which would require an investment of US $ 2.5 billion (Diario Gestion).
- After CVC Capital Partners Fund VII presented its public acquisition offer (takeover bid) at the beginning of December last year, last Tuesday the purchase of Hermes Armored Transport for a company value of around US$ 400 million was made in favor of its former owner The Carlyle Group (Diario Gestion).
- The Ministry of Energy and Mines authorized the signing of the license agreement for the exploration and exploitation of Lot Z-64. It is also expected that the process for signing the chaos of lots Z-67 and Z-68 will be reviewed (Diario Gestion).
- The Shougang Hierro Peru mining company plans to expand and improve the reuse of ore in existing iron quarries in San Juan de Marcona (Ica), for which it would disburse some US $ 78 million (Diario Gestion).
- The Spanish fintech specialized in banking and financial services completely online that offers third-party products and that has more than two years of operation, Bnext, seeks to start operating in the coming days in Mexico. And the arrival in this market will serve as a bridge for the company to reach Peru, Chile and Colombia (Diario Gestion).
- On the eve there was the liquidation of the Public Procurement Offer (takeover bid) launched by Zeus Investments Peru, through which 73,231,163 common voting shares were awarded representing the capital stock of Hermes Transportes Armored, which represent 83.93% of the total issued and outstanding shares of the company (Diario Gestion).
- After focusing on launching its glycerin refinery (US $ 30 million) in 2019, HPO Corp. will focus on two projects in 2020: the port terminal in Lurin and the extension of its network of stations (Diario Gestion).
- The final study that will allow, among others, to determine the final line of the Integrated South Gas Transportation System project, or SIT-Gas, (better known as the southern gas pipeline), will be announced in the first quarter of the year. 2020, the Ministry of Energy and Mines informed Management (Diario Gestion).
- The president of Petroperu, Carlos Paredes, announced that during the current summer period they will hold a contest to choose the strategic partner of that state company, with which they will be able to take on the operation for the operation of lot 192, located in Loreto, one of the areas with the highest oil production in the country (Diario Gestion).