|From Thursday, January 14 to Monday, January 20, 2020|
Electric train is planned to be built in Arequipa for US $ 350 million
The construction of an electric train in Arequipa would have an investment of US$ 350 million. If executed, it will travel 23.6 kilometers in 17 stations. The provincial mayor of Arequipa, Omar Candia, evaluates a project prepared by the Santa María Catholic University, in order to solve environmental pollution and vehicular chaos in the White City, according to the El Búho portal.
According to Renato Díaz Galdós, specialist in charge of the project, the construction of the new transport system would require an investment of US $ 350 million. The electric train would travel 23.6 kilometers. The work would include the installation of 17 stations (Diario Gestion).
- The construction of an electric train in Arequipa would have an investment of US$ 350 million. If executed, it will travel 23.6 kilometers in 17 stations (Diario Gestion).
- Next month, the Federation of Acre Industries and entrepreneurs from that state of Brazil will arrive in Pucallpa to assess the progress of the road interconnection. The objective is to achieve greater progress in economic integration between Ucayali and Acre using Interoceanic South (Diario Gestion).
- The company Samay I, which is part of Kallpa Generación, obtained a loan of US$ 330 million. The funds will be used to refinance a loan granted in 2014 for the construction of the Puerto Bravo thermal power plant (Samay/Mollendo). The operation closed at the end of last year (Diario Gestion).
- The wind generation projects of Duna and Huambos will be the first with that source of energy in the country’s highlands. It is expected that they will start operations at the end of the second quarter of this year (Diario Gestion).
- The company W Capital SAFI started its Guaranteed Debt Investment Fund I – Investment Fund (FDG) I, which has 14,000,000 subscribed shares, which represent a committed capital of US$ 14,000,000 (Diario Gestion).
- The first water desalination plant for human consumption in the country was ready to start its commissioning. The work meant an investment of S/ 308 million and will serve more than 100,000 people in the resorts of Punta Hermosa, Punta Negra, San Bartolo and Santa María (Diario Gestion).
- Argentum Silver Corp. Completed the purchase of the shares of Norsemont II Resources Corp., through a merger. In this way, the Cochavara (La Libertad) project of silver, lead and zinc is obtained (Diario Gestion).
- Ipsum, a Chilean startup that has a suite of solutions that works through an app, dedicated to optimizing the process of planning, programming and control of works, will focus this year on optimizing construction works in Peru and Colombia. They are already in 9 countries of the region (Diario Gestion).
- This year, Gold Fields would have a preliminary study to see the economic viability of the gold deposit it explores in a way associated with a junior miner in Ancash. The executive vice president of Gold Fields for the Americas, Luis Rivera, also said that within one to two years there will be resources declared in this prospect called Soledad (Diario Gestion).
- The power generation company Fenix Power Peru submitted a request for a temporary generation concession for a wind power plant project on the south coast, called Hermano Wind Farm. The initiative was presented to the General Directorate of Electricity of the MEM, and includes the districts of Marcona and Lomas, located in Ica and Arequipa, respectively (Diario Gestion).
- For this year it is expected that the investment amounts of Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde will reach about US $ 400 million, as projected by Kallpa SAB. Kallpa SAB estimates that the copper production level will amount to 465,000 MT, with an average price of US$ 2.85 a pound (Diario Gestion).
- InterNexa, of the ISA Group, signed an agreement with Compañía de Minas Buenaventura to attend, with its fiber optic network, the Uchucchacua (Oyón, Lima) and Tambomayo (Caylloma, Arequipa) mining units, which will imply for the telecommunications company an investment over US$ 1 million (Diario Gestion).