|From Tuesday, October 15 to Monday, October 21, 2019|
The Ministry of Transportation and Communications plans to build lines 3 and 4 of the Lima Metro under the modality of public works, and then tender its operation and maintenance. In this regard, they plan to publish the viability of Line 3 at the end of November and Line 4 before the end of the year. The projects of both lines are “in the final stage” of the process for their declaration of viability, once the viability of these projects is declared, the modality of its construction will then be defined and the execution of one of the lines will be prioritized. In this way, two alternatives will be evaluated: either to make a complete concession (construction, operation and management) to the private sector, as in the case of Line 2 of the Metro de Lima, or to build the infrastructure under the modality of public works (Diario Gestión).
- Parque Arauco would go for a mall and housing project in San Juan de Lurigancho. Mall would compete with other projects already announced, such as Real Plaza and Mall Aventura (Diario Gestión).
- In March it will be defined if TPParacas will have a mineral store. Second stage works at the General San Martín port could be completed before September 2020. By 2021, the port terminal would already have gantry cranes (Diario Gestión).
- Construcción San Fernando enters the hotel industry with Best Western. In the next five years, they will build five spaces with an international brand. The first one will open in Miraflores, by 2021. One more would be in Lima and the rest in provinces. Investment per hotel will be between 5 and 6 million dollars (Diario Gestión).
- Cajamarca seeks to grant a concession in the surrounding area to Baños Termales del Inca and turn it into a spa resort (Diario Gestión).
- In order to approach the production centers and ports with good projections, Sea – Land, Maersk company, expands work in secondary ports of Peru (Diario Gestión).
- Karmin Exploration Inc, a Canadian company listed on the Lima Stock Exchange, with gold prospects in Peru, announced that the company’s shareholders approved the sale of the company’s shares to Brazil’s Nexa Resources, which would pay US$ 69.3 million for the acquisition (Diario Gestión).
- The Ministry of Transportation and Communications plans to build lines 3 and 4 of the Lima Metro under the modality of public works, and then tender its operation and maintenance. In this regard, they plan to publish the viability of Line 3 at the end of November and Line 4 before the end of the year (Diario Gestión).
- The hydrocarbons and derivatives production company Pluspetrol commented on the future development of a first methane petrochemical plant in the country (Diario Gestión).
- BTG Pactual distributes the full range of T. Rowe Price UCITS funds in Latin America. Thus, through its network, it will offer these funds to institutional and professional investors in Chile, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Mexico and Uruguay (Diario Gestión).
- Entel will invest US $ 170 million in Peru in connectivity infrastructure and the Entel Digital Transformation Project (Diario Gestión).
- Port infrastructure investment commitments reached, as of July 2019, US$ 1,360 million, more than the US$ 49 million recorded last year, according to the National Port Authority (APN), a public body of the Ministry of Transportation (Diario Gestión).