|From Tuesday, November 26 to Monday, December 2, 2019|
40 rural electrification projects will be financed via works for taxes
The Ministry of Energy and Mines presented the portfolio of rural electrification projects that could be financed through the tax works mechanism, which consists of 40 projects located in 15 regions of the country with a global investment exceeding S/ 900 million. Of these, four projects have been prioritized, with an investment of S/ 112 million (Diario Gestion).
- Constructora El Poblado, a native of Barranquilla (Colombia) plans to enter Peru in the medium term. As indicated, some of its investors have expressed interest in providing lots in Peru and Mexico, which represents the smallest investment of the part of the Town in these countries. In Peru they evaluate land in Ica. One of the construction projects is to have land within condominiums (Diario Gestion).
- Canadian miner Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. Records progress in its mining projects in Peru and other countries in the region. After the completion of the construction of its Lindero gold project (Argentina) at the beginning of 2020, which had an investment of US $ 298 million, the company plans to increase its exploration budgets in brownfield areas (areas close to the current operations) in Peru and Mexico (Diario Gestion).
- Cerro de Pasco Resources Inc. (CDPR) signed a definitive agreement to purchase shares with Volcan Compañía Minera and its subsidiaries, through which CDPR will acquire all the shares issued by Óxidos de Pasco S.A.C., Empresa Administradora de Cerro S.A.C. and Remediadora Ambiental S.A.C. (Diario Gestion).
- Members of the Wong and Osterling families decided to venture into the development of a housing and commercial real estate project (called Balthazar) aimed at millennial executives of segment “A” worth US$ 17 million, which will be located in the financial center of San Isidro (Diario Gestion).
- The Peruvian Government began the implementation of the National Infrastructure Plan for Competitiveness, which prioritized 52 projects that it considers as key to the country’s development. To this end, it published an emergency decree that has about 14 extraordinary measures to make viable and accelerate the execution of these projects, which total S/ 99,196 million (Diario Gestion).
- The Graña y Montero company informed that the investment fund IG4 Investimentos Ltda sent a written request for disclosure of information in order to acquire up to 25% of the company’s shares. As they pointed out, this transaction would be for the direct purchase of shares representing 12.5% of the company’s capital stock and the acquisition of political rights over additional shares that correspond to 12.5% of the company’s share capital (Diario Gestion).
- The Canadian mining company First Quantum Minerals Ltd is looking for strategic partners to develop new copper projects and could reach an agreement to form a joint venture with Rio Tinto in Peru (Diario Gestion).
- Peru bets on the construction of a new Central Highway that will have four lanes and a parallel line to the one that currently exists. According to the profile of the project presented by the Regional Government of Junín, the aforementioned route will require a total investment of more than
S/ 11,500 million (Diario Gestion).
- Globalvia, a Spanish company dedicated to the development and operation of infrastructure, looks forward to growth in Latin American markets. Today his investment is in Chile with highway projects, in addition to Costa Rica and Mexico. But the company wants to capture new markets and is seeing opportunities in Peru (Diario Gestion).
- The Development Bank of Peru will launch a program to finance public electric transport in the country, with a first market placement of US$ 20 million in the first half of next year, announced its president, Carlos Linares (Diario Gestion).
- The Ministry of Energy and Mines presented the portfolio of rural electrification projects that could be financed through the tax works mechanism, which consists of 40 projects located in 15 regions of the country with a global investment exceeding S/ 900 million. Of these, four projects have been prioritized, with an investment of S/ 112 million (Diario Gestion).
- Hochschild Mining plans to increase its investment in the development of the Inmaculada (Ayacucho) silver mine next year, for which it estimates it is estimated to disburse between US$ 80 million and US$ 85 million (Diario Gestion).
- Canadian explorer Tinka Resources announced that it received approval of its semi-detailed environmental impact study for the Ayawilca (Pasco) zinc project by the Ministry of Energy and Mines. With this permission, the company will carry out a greater amount of drilling and platforms (240 platforms), over an area of 200 to 300 hectares (Diario Gestion).
- The countries of France and Canada have shown their interest in participating in the execution of hospital infrastructure projects in Cusco (Antonio Lorena) and Lima (Sergio Bernales), through the State-to-State contract modality that the Ministry of Health will implement through of its National Health Investment Program (Diario Gestion).
- The mayor of Lima, Jorge Muñoz, said that there are already interested to build the cable car that will link San Juan de Lurigancho with Independence. Estimated that the bidding process for this project, which will be financed by the World Bank, would be launched by February next year (Diario Gestion).